Saturday, April 17, 2010

4-17-10

This week’s writing assignment was unique compared to any other I have had in college. It made me think about how a change in scenery or a place could make you bring about different thoughts. When you really view the scenery and take in nature it can quite inspiring. It also made me think how much I enjoyed nature. For a couple of year I have not enjoyed nature like the previous year before. I used to go hiking quite often and fish the rivers of western North Carolina and North Georgia. It seems I have gotten too busy to do anything in nature like before. Nature can be very relaxing and used to help me with stresses of everyday life. When my father and I would taking hiking trip for days it would be some of the best times of my life. I took in nature and enjoyed the surroundings. When you are in nature the world is an after thought. I remember the state of mind I held on those hiking trips was much superior than the state of mind I continue to have every day.
It makes me wonder if I need to take off time and go immerse myself in nature. I think everyone at times should do this because I believe it would help each individual. It might not have the same effect that it has on me but it will have an effect. Like me many people are just too busy but we should all make time.

No comments:

Post a Comment